With Paul Z Jackson’s visit to Australia in May – and his special Melbourne-based workshop titled “The Inspirational Trainer: 20 Inspiring Tips for Trainers and Facilitators” – this webinar provides a warm-up and introduction by exploring the 5 secrets to designing inspirational training programs.
In this free 45 minute webinar you will learn:
1. How to kick-start learning before the program begins
2. How to avoid creating resistance in your learners
3. How to avoid switching people off and wasting their time
4. What the 5 secrets to designing inspirational training programs are!
Register here for Annette Simmons workshop on “Whoever tells the best story wins” on Thursday 5th June 2014.
The Inspirational Trainer : 20 Inspiring Tips for Trainers and Facilitators — Tuesday 27th May 2014 in MelbournePosted by Andrew 25 March 2014
Proudly sponsored by St Lukes Innovative Resources – we present :
This one day workshop with Paul will help you build on your facilitative and communication skills, to be a more effective designer and leader of workshops, trainings and meetings.
Register and read more here. Be sure to save the date!
Did you know that only 30% of change initiatives succeed?
- This free 30 minute webinar will:
- Explore what’s missing from the Harvard Business Review 10 Best Must Reads on Change
- Introduce the concept of strategic tensions and how they apply to change
- Provide an introductory session for the upcoming short-course webinar series “Facilitating Change”.
The webinar will run 12:30pm Melbourne time on Tuesday 11th March. Click here to register.
This week we’re launching a special assessment program focussed on helping build even more effective boards.
This program is focussed on helping to inform board Chairs, CEO’s, Managing Directors, Directors and General Managers about how their Boards are operating in comparison with other organisations. In doing so it will allow Boards to review their current operations and work towards building greater effectiveness and establishing a firmer foundation for growth over the coming years.
Would you like to receive:
• An assessment of how your current board is functioning
• A detailed analysis of your boards comparative industry performance
• A complimentary invitation to our “Building Effective Boards” Webinar
If you’re interested – contact us – and we’ll provide you more information.
In the meanwhile – here are a few great HBR articles to keep you going:
Then be sure to check out our new website and online learning program “Strategic Planning for Managers”.
PS: Seen the latest HBR article titled “The Big Lie of Strategic Planning” ?
It’s been a busy and exciting year this year with alot of travel co-facilitating leadership programs around the asia-pac region. Also – we’ve welcomed a new senior associate on-board the Babel Fish Group – Karin Knoester. I’m excited to be working with Karin as she brings great experience with strategy, leadership and working with boards to BFG.
We wish you a very merry christmas and a great new year 2014 ahead.
It’s funny how often “Listening” comes up within communication and leadership skills, but here’s a fantastic new spin from one of the worlds oldest cultures… China!
At a recent leadership program I co-facilitated in Shanghai last week – one of the participants shared the chinese symbol for listening which has the components of ear, mouth, heart and king.
The story that goes along with the symbol is that when you listen with your ears and heart you make the person feel like a king.
When it comes to thinking about people in your life who’ve influenced you, or been role models for you, how often have you found that their listening makes you feel like a king?
How’s your listening skills? Had a chance to make someone feel like a King today?
Looking for ways to:
- Help meetings be more productive?
- Discover who your leaders really are?
- Find productive pathways through complex and difficult organisational issues?
Viv McWaters and I will be running the next Open Space Technology training event in Melbourne on Wednesday 30th October.
Click here to check out more on the details and register.
You might like to register for the free 5 day email course to help get you familiarised first…?
We have opened our “Expressions of Interest” for Babel Fish Group Associates.